Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Some Words of Wisdom

As you know, I live on a ranch. We raise beef cattle and we farm hay and other feed for the cattle. When I was younger, I didn't want anything to do with this lifestyle. It makes me sad to admit, but I was ready to head to the big city and never look back as soon as I graduated high school. Well, I say big city, but I mean Billings, MT. The only actual city in Montana, which inhabits about 100,000 people. So, my first year of college was amazing. It was so much fun and everything I wanted. Then my second year of college started and I was working full-time, going to school full-time, and trying just to keep my head above water with bills. I had two amazing jobs and was right on track to graduate with a Bachelor's in Business Administration. After a year of it, I had to wonder if it was what I really wanted. I actually missed the soreness after riding a horse for hours. I longed for the smell of fresh-cut alfalfa. I realized, I didn't want to work in the corporate world, I didn't really want to work for anyone. I wanted to be a business owner, an entrepreneur, and a rancher. So today, after being on the ranch full-time for 8 months, I'm still on track to graduate with a Bachelor's in Business Administration as well as an Associate's in Political Science, as well as getting my real estate license. I'm going to be a successful business owner, realtor, rancher, and possibly even local political representative. Anyway, I opened the bible for the first time in a long time today and I came across this passage.
"Aspire to live a tranquil life, to mind your own affairs, and to work with you hands, as we have instructed you, that you may conduct yourselves properly toward outsiders and not depend on anyone." 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
When I read this passage, I just thought to myself, I want nothing more than to mind my own business, work with my hands, and support myself every single day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment and following me! I greatly appreciate it!!! I was hoping you wouldn't mind me following you. Looks like your blog here will be an interesting read. Sounds like you're a busy person. I really liked your bible passage in this post! You'll see I've kinda taken the not depending on anyone part to it's full length in my blog, but I don't know if that far is good or not???...lol. "Trusty? Steed"...I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no way, I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw I had a follower. Thanks for following me! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I haven't even opened my computer in several days. Sometimes I think I'm too busy to do this, but I'm doing my best.

    ReplyDelete