Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bizarre Montana Laws

I have heard a lot about state, local, and city laws that are outdated or don't really make any sense. It turns out Montana has a lot of them, so I thought I'd share. I warn you that some are just crazy, while others might be considered offensive. This is just for fun, so I hope I don't offend anyone.

State of Montana
Prostitution is considered an offense against the family.
One may not pretend to abuse an animal in the presence of a minor.
It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone.
It is a felony for a wife to open her husband's mail.
It is a misdemeanor to show movies that depict acts of felonious crimes.
It is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all.
It is illegal for a man and woman to have sex in any other position than missionary.
Seven or more Indians is considered a war party and it is legal to shoot them.

Billings, Montana
No person shall raise pet rats.
Persons in possession of a "pea shooter" risk it being confiscated by the police.
It is illegal to bring a bomb or rocket to city council proceedings.
Bands who play in clubs where alcohol is served may not leave stage while performing.
It is illegal to use speed-dial in the city phone system.

So, there it is. A little bit of humor, I hope. I tried to verify them all, but I had a hard time finding what I consider factual sources. Anyway, my favorite is how it's apparently illegal for me to go fishing alone. Silly men. Anything you can do, we can do better, and alone. If you know of any wacky laws in your state, let me know! I love stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment